Providing access to education for early childhood professionals, T.E.A.C.H. is a research based comprehensive strategy to educate and retain early childhood practitioners, positively impacting outcomes for the children in their care. T.E.A.C.H. is a proven effective strategy through its use of four key elements: scholarships, education, compensation and commitment.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Delaware provides scholarships for those working in licensed early care and education (ECE) or school age program in Delaware. The goals of T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® are:
- To provide educational scholarship opportunities for people working in regulated child care centers and family child care homes;
- To increase the knowledge base of early childhood professionals working with young children‚ thus improving the care these children receive;
- To encourage child care programs to support the continuing education of their staff;
- To provide increased compensation that is directly related to increased education;
- To reduce staff turnover by supporting the above goals while also requiring from participants a specified time commitment to their sponsoring program after their scholarship year;
- To provide a sequential professional development path for teachers and family child care home providers currently in the field;
- To create a model of partnership for improving the quality of care that children in child care programs in receive.